Monday, January 21, 2013

Three’s Company at Lake Nokomis


One of the shows I grew up watching was Three’s Company. John Ritter was hysterical running into everything and creating all kinds of hijinx. Janet was a cute brunette who impressed me with the quantity of makeup she wore. And of course Chrissy Snow played the daft blonde but was really just innocent (so I like to think).

I bring this up because it occurs to me that the Sandcastle team sort of fits this mold. My husband is a chef and so was Jack. I’m brunette and all business. Chele is a blonde. That similarity ends there. Chele is a wiz with numbers and has done the books for my husband’s restaurant Piccolo (www.piccolompls.com) since opening. We are the Three’s Company of Lake Nokomis.

I guess that makes the MPRB Mr. and Mrs. Roper since they are our landlords. Or perhaps they are more of the Don Knotts, Mr. Furley, type? Are they an older love-starved woman with her grumpy husband or a silly, yet kind, old man who fancies himself a ladies man?


Auditions

We have some openings for roles in our summer comedy. In particular, we need a Larry. Any playboys out there willing to be Jack’s best friend? No need to be a used car salesman like Larry but if you are, then best if you sell European cars as that is my husband’s, er, I mean Jack’s, favorite.

However, I would be open to gender-bend this role in the spirit of some great reboots that mixed things up. Who would have thought Starbuck would be better as a girl (BSG reference)? So we will also take auditions from strong, tough-talking, clever women. Perhaps you are a used bike salesperson and come by every day on your way to work. I’ll sneak you free ginger aguas!

Three’s Company ended with Jack owning his own restaurant. This is my husband’s second. He will need to balance his time and attention between the two. I am already thankful to the great staff at Piccolo for helping him during our opening in May (hopefully May). While Janet left her flower shop to be an aerobic instructor, I think I will just try to get yoga at the lake so I can keep mind and body healthy. Lastly, Chrissy Snow left the show and her cousin Cindy took her place. Again, no similarity there. Chele is stuck with us for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment